Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sketching

In class we have been doing a lot of sketching and I mean A LOT of sketching, but in my opinion its good. I love to get lost in my sketches, its like getting lost in a good book, you're entranced and time flies by, 2 hours seems like 20 minutes. Sketching is unique to everyone, although you might be drawing the same scene or picture everyone has a different view point on it, and there is no right or wrong to the final product, because its how you see it through your eyes, and no one can tell you that what you see is wrong. Sketching a scene and trying to get every detail I think is one of the hardest tasks, because nature moves every second so the shadow that was there 10 minutes ago has shifted slightly. Never the less sketching has no rules, it does have techniques though, ways to help you grasp the scene or picture better, but no specific "You cant draw that like that..." sketching is freeing and should be enjoyed not dreaded, because it is what you make it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! And when I looked back at our 11x17 sketches the other day I found myself remembering different little things that happened while I was sketching different parts of the piece because of the emotion that I could see in my sketch!

    ReplyDelete