Monday, September 5, 2011

Sketching

I have never really done a lot of sketching during my life, I definitely have much more experience using progams like Auto CAD to create objects. However, this back to basics approach our class has taking in terms of sketching assignments is very important in my mind. I know it has forced me to think more about perpesctive and proportion because when you use a computer for design the computer programs do a lot of that stuff for you. Sketching what you see on a one to one scale also helped me personally a lot since it forced me to draw what I saw not what i knew was present. I think that that idea of forgetting what you know and focusing n what you see is very interesting and has made me thinkk about drawing and sketching in a completely different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment