Monday, September 5, 2011

Cool Architecture

On the website Rachel posted with pictures of Forced Perspective, I found this link to 80+ Strange and Fantastic Buildings. It doesn't exactly relate to what we are doing in class right now, but these structures are truly awesome and I found them to be really inspirational for just a beginning designer like myself. It's definitely worth taking the time to check them out. Some of them I had seen pictures of before and I'm sure you will recognize them, some of the places I had actually visited, and others I had never seen before, but they are all interesting.

#36 on the list is Frank Gehry's Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, CA. I saw this structure this past spring and was amazed by the design. You can even walk up around the outside of the building behind the different layers, it was really neat.

2 comments:

  1. Does anybody know if the Roanoke Museum of Art was designed by Frank Gehry, because they look really similar! http://www.taubmanmuseum.org/main/

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I found online it says it was "designed by Los Angeles architect and Frank Gehry protege Randall Stout" which might explain why the styles are so similar.

    ReplyDelete