Friday, September 9, 2011

Beauty Beauty Beauty

Beauty (also called prettiness, loveliness or comeliness) is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction.[citation needed] Beauty is studied as part of aesthetics, sociology, social psychology, and culture. An "ideal beauty" is an entity which is admired, or possesses features widely attributed to beauty in a particular culture, for perfection
(the top left is a picture of the sistine chapel, the one in the middle is Mila Kunis, and the one on the bottom is a picture of nature's beauty. These are examples of different kinds of beauty, and what I percieve as beauty)
I think beauty is definetly a perception characteristc. Saying that, beauty to me is natural, and are emotionally or physically pleasing. I know something is beautiful when I have to make a comment about just how beautiful it is. It is in one way shape or form attention grabbing, and it normally causes me to produce a whole seperate thought process about it. For example, alot of them are concrete questions like how, why, or what. Beauty is one thing; explaing how one knows when it's beauty is another challenge in itself. It normally triggers  subconcious appeal in your mind, or at least that's how I feel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment