Tuesday, September 6, 2011

101 Things I learned in Architecture School

My friend gave me this little book called 101 Things I learned in Architecture School by Matthew Frederick for my birthday last year. I have only read to about 15 of the 101 things but already the book has covered some of the same things we talked about in class. Like to draw generally and then work slowly towards more details. Another was "A good designer isn't afraid to throw away a good idea." If you have the book look at number 42, and don't forget it! The book has been great a great tool so far, and we haven't even gotten past sketches. So here's a link to the book's page http://101thingsilearned.com/.

I wrote this and then I read this on the back cover: "It is also the book they may want to keep out of view of their professors, for it expresses in clear and simple language things that tend to be mystified in the classroom." Woops!

No comments:

Post a Comment