Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ID Sketching


Simple sketching has never been that difficult for me. I have been playing around with pencil and paper for as long as I can remember. Shading and interesting perspectives of still life are my favorite. The industrial design method of sketching is very different. Usually these designers work in pen or marker; items that are permanent. Industrial designers always seem to draw at such interesting angles, which help to portray the product. The shapes are usually pretty curvy and the style is very free-formed. They are fast sketchers, yet the end result is outstanding. I have begun to practice working with this method, yet I find it challenging so far. Check out this video of a car sketch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtDOIA-xvnk

No comments:

Post a Comment