Sunday, September 4, 2011

Contrasting Sketches

For our assignment this past weekend we continued on our sketching but was assigned to create 2 contrasting sketches. I chose to do the Torgerson Bridge with really fine smooth lines drawn with a Sharpee. I believe this represented the strong academic tone of the overall picture. In comparison, for my other sketch I did a scene from the duck pond in a charcoal to represent a serene calm and airy feel. The roughness of the charcoal contrasted the smoothness of the Sharpee while the strong and sturdy connotation of the Torgerson Bridge contrasted the tranquil feel of the Duck Pond. I had some difficulty with the sketches, for one with the Sharpee the line was so final and strong I found myself faintly drawing the picture then going over it with a stronger mark. While with the charcoal I accidentaly kept smudging some of the lines I already drew with my hands. All in all I definitely expanded my usual pencil sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment