Sunday, September 4, 2011

challenging perspective

During my senior year, I took an art class in which we chose a theme for the year and basically could do whatever we wanted and just had to end up with about 15 pieces by the end of the year that revolved around our general theme. I chose to work with emotions of interiors and therefore, had to deal frequently with perspective. At first it was very challenging and I found it hard to identify exactly where to begin in laying out a piece with a difficult perspective but I just found that sometimes your subject matter is not always composed of every line that you think is there. I think sometimes our eyes see implied lines that we know have to be there in order to make up the structure but in reality cannot be scene from the angle you are approaching the observation from. A lot of this challenge comes in dealing with depth and here are a few examples I found of skewed depth in which you may be tempted to draw lines that are not there in order to portray what you think you see...
instantShift - Brilliant Examples of Forced Perspective PhotographyinstantShift - Brilliant Examples of Forced Perspective Photography

1 comment:

  1. I love the perspective in the one with the little people being blown away! such an awesome picture :)

    ReplyDelete