Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inspired by my surroundings


I didn't pick Architecture because of any one famous guy's pretty building or inspirational speech. I guess design is just in my genes. My mom is a practicing Architect and my sister is in her fifth and final year at the University of Georgia for Landscape Architecture. I think I have known since fifth grade that this was the career path I was going to take. Then last summer I took the "Inside Architecture and Design" summer camp. In one hour Bill Green got me so excited about Industrial Design that I decided to add that as my minor. Other than that, I am interested in learning about wood working (which I got from my dad) and ceramics (which I got from my High School ceramics class and work by Chris Gryder). I guess I'm inspired my my surroundings and the people I meet who are passionate about what they do.
Here's a link to some of Chris Gryder's work:
And here's some of my work inspired by him:

1 comment: