Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Learn joints for your 3d model coming up. And an interesting 3d model video.

http://youtu.be/0AuKFeDfWHk
This first video is a video thatg I came across when I was looking on youtube for ideas on how to start my 3d drawing. The designer uses a series of cuts and folds to make the stair case literally 3d. It's a little irrelivent when it comes to our 3d model/ drawing, but it's interesting.


http://youtu.be/ToaqSx9sfQE
This video just explains a few joints. It doesn't really go into depth on how to make them, but it identifies them with actual wood pieces, so when you're doing your wood model, you could use this to give you ideas for different joints.
I suggest bridle joints. They are really strong. I know Noah in the wood shop is a huge fan of these joints. I copied a picture of an angled bridle joint because my 2d model required one of them. They are more challenging than the 90 degree angled bridle joints but they are do-able. It requires that you use the table saw so if there isn't a huge wait, I'd suggest that you ask Noah to teach you how to make these. They take a little bit more time than lap joints, but they are similar. I didn't even have to glue my bridle joint on my wood form because it was so strong, so ya, bridle joints...strong.

Ray C.

No comments:

Post a Comment