Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why i took interest in interior design and architecture

I first took interest in interior design and architecture in middle school when we took a test to see if we were concidered "right or left brained." The test told me I was right brained, which meant that I would be more succesful in a career in the art or design field. This was a pretty accurate test becuase I have never been a math or science person, but have always enjoyed art. The test then gave some career options, one being interior design. I started looking at what interior designers and architects did, and instantly fell in love with their job. When my mom re-designed our house in Maryland, I was at the interior designer's side the whole way, always asking questions and helping her design each room. Interior design and architecture has been my intended major ever since seventh grade, and I have grown to love it even more over the years. This past year I interned with a local interior design company and it definately made me want to pursue a career in interior design.

1 comment:

  1. What did you get to do during your internship? You should post a picture of one of your favorite interior spaces.

    ReplyDelete