Sunday, August 28, 2011

Something about me- Ray C

My name's Ray and I'm majoring in Landscape Architecture at Virginia Tech. I think I've always wanted to subconciously wanted to do something with design since I was little. I would draw for fun, mostly animals and future houses. Even my own room became a designing experiment. I would adjust my furniture in my room every few weeks to try and find the most efficient layout. So, when choosing a major, Architecture was right away always a choice. But, I wasalso concerned with the environment. The lack of sustainability of our present day structures, along with the inability to find a replacement to oil. I want to be able to make a difference in the environment, while doing something I enjoy, which is why Landscape Architecture is such a suitable major. I was inspired to do Architecture through my 9th and 10th grade drafting teacher, Rhaba Sbtani, who is Alumni at Virgnia Tech. I think the news along with a book I read by, I think it was Al Gore about the drilling in Alaska. Seeing things on the news about oil drillings, global warming, and so on, really sparked an iinterest. Some more things about me, I love to play any sport, but extreme sports are more fun. I like to snowboard, and lastly I'm addictedd to Fifa, so feel free to come challenge me. GO HOKIES -Ray C.

1 comment: