Sunday, August 28, 2011

In the 7th grade I became interested in interior design. My mom always said there is no demand for an interior designer so I started considering architecture. Later, in high school my art teacher had the biggest influence in encouraging me to actually pursue a path in architecture. He studied architecture Virginia Tech for a year before he decided it was not right for him, but he believed that I had the talent. Throughout high school he was a mentor, friend, and fatherly figure for me to look up to. He inspired me to go with this career choice and gave me the chance in school to explore the option first. Art, math, hands on activity, and design have always been enjoyable for me; Architecture can essentially give me the opportunity to do all these things. Also, I've always loved looking at layouts of home design. Virginia Tech was the right choice and I had a great teacher to help me make the difficult decision of what I wanted to do in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Note to everyone: This is a good reminder that you need to get to know your professors during your time here. Not everyone is going to be your favorite, but having one on one conversations with teachers, especially if you end up in a big class, can make all the difference in your success level.

    ReplyDelete