Monday, August 29, 2011

For the love of making things...

Why do I want to be a designer? Because I am a maker. I always have been. As long as I can remember, I have been making things. For all I know, I came out of the womb with a pencil in one hand and blocks in the other. My favorite toy as a kid was, of course, legos. I could make anything I wanted to, whether it be a space ship, a castle, or a sports car. Frankly, it doesn't really matter what I make, its the process that I enjoy. Let's say I don't really like teapots. It doesn't matter, because I could make 20 different iterations of a teapot and enjoy every second of it.* Pursuing a career that I enjoy has always been one of my biggest life goals. Not everybody can say that they've found their calling. I'm glad that I can.




*subject to exaggeration

2 comments: