Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why landscape architecture?!


I'm one of those indecisive people who wanted to pursue a lot of different types of careers but I've always loved the idea of design, mostly because there is an unlimited amount of possibilities! For a while, I actually wanted todo graphic design but then I joined this construction mentoring program. I loved it! It got me familiarized with the field and the atmosphere. I met this architect who's name I've forgotten but the point is, he was so excited about his work! He said, "It's great to design but the best part is seeing it through and once it's done, it's like your own creation came to life. It's alive!!" [and he said it in the frankenstein voice which I could never forget]. I have a very practical mindset and architecture does a good job of fitting that description. I find landscapes more appealing because buildings and houses do not catch my eye like landscape does. I feel like I can be more creative or motivated to be creative with landscape areas than building structures. Creativity is good because it leads to innovation and from what I've learned these passed days at VTech, there is a need for innovation towards landscape design especially in the environmental aspect. Oh, during junior year I wanted to go into environmental science but it involved too much science so I changed my mind. I do value the environment a lot regardless and it'll be something I will incorporate in my designs in the future. So why landscape architecture? Because it'll lead me to creating awesome pieces like this!

1 comment: