Monday, August 29, 2011

Why Architecture?

I decided to pursue a career in architecture after my freshman year in high school when I was switched into a technical drawing class because my schedule wouldn't allow for my first choice of class. At first I was unsure as to whether or not I would like the class but I had heard it was easy so I decided to stick with it. That ended up being a great decision as I really enjoyed the class and it proved to be more challenging than I had originally thought. Since then I have been really interested in architecture and design and I went on to take drafting classes for the rest of my time in high school. During my junior year we got to design and build models of beach houses which was by far my favorite project throughout high school. I had always loved Virginia Tech so once my drafting teacher started telling me more and more about Tech's architecture program and the tradition here, this was the only place that made since for me to come.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Nate. How would you describe "our tradition?"

    ReplyDelete