Friday, August 26, 2011

Material Connexion's Green Construction Material of The Year 2011.

I have always been interested in the "green movement". Eventually, I hope to make environmentally efficient buildings my concentration. Here is a link talking about the "green material of the year". New materials and technologies are constantly being created to make the over-all building/construction/design process not only more efficient but also more eco-friendly. I think it's important for us to keep up with these innovative materials and to keep them in mind when working on our current projects.

2 comments:

  1. Using the Magnesium silicates would prevent the carbonation of the cement as well. You'd see far less cracked and crumbling curbs. The only problem is that the magnesium is about a million times more expensive. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What materials did you enjoy working with this summer?

    ReplyDelete