Saturday, August 27, 2011

Daniel Libeskind

I had always thought that architects built buildings.
Any kind of building = architecture.


That is, before I came across Daniel Libeskind's lecture.


In the lecture, he explains how architects communicate through their work, through design, and through every detail.  He suggests that architecture should have an emotion that conveys its purpose.  I was very impressed and inspired by his lecture.

Yes, this video is very long.
Yes, it's a video of him lecturing for an hour.
But it's worth it.
I suggest leaving the video streaming while you clean your room, or eat some snacks.

Also, this is the link to his homepage for anyone that may be interested.
His works are very interesting- Look them up!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the process images on his website for the projects. May you all take that much care in planning and model making.

    ReplyDelete