Monday, August 29, 2011

Industrial Design


After 4 years of drawing, design and drafting classes, I applied to Tech with the mindset that I belonged in either architecture or engineering. After reviewing my work and my senior projects, my teacher suggested I research other, more specific programs to major in. He refused to answer me when I asked what he thought I would be best suited for, instead stating "you'll know when you find it". After several hours on the Virginia Tech website, I ran across some information on industrial design. It seemed to fit my interests exactly. Several months and a summer introductory class later, I'm here ready to draw!

For any out there who need inspiration, below is a rendering of Luca Serefini's senior project. Luca is an Italian design student who graduated from the University of Parma in Italy in 2007 with a major in Industrial design.



















Lamborghini Embolado Concept

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely go to the IDSA meetings and look for the Detox Sessions. It is a good way to get hooked up with other students in sketch groups.

    ReplyDelete