Sunday, August 28, 2011

Inspired by Home


Design has always been a part of my life. I grew up in a magnificent and thoughtful piece of architecture. My house, located in the small town of Harvard, Massachusetts, was designed by my aunt, a design director at the Gensler, an architecture and design firm.

When designing my house, she took into consideration many aspects of my parents' life as well as the crucial elements of the structure's context. It became important to reflect my town's aspects of colonial New England while reflecting my parents' interest in contemporary style and love for entertaining. For years, I have realized the importance of the external factors that affect design. The original model of my house is something which truly inspires me. I love the progression from inception to the final product and am intrigued by the adaption and evolution each idea undergoes. My personal interest in design spans much further than simply architectural elements. I chose industrial design because it possesses such limitless and infinite qualities. Industrial design can range from the new, innovative electronic to the attractive and creative container in which products are packaged. Industrial design, as well as companies such as Inventables, makes me anticipate the creative and technological capabilities of design.

1 comment:

  1. What lessons can you pass on to students who didn't have the benefit of summer studio?

    ReplyDelete