Sunday, January 8, 2012

Downtown Charlotte

So I had some time to spare when I was in downtown Charlotte and I decided to explore. I went to the building my dad works in, which is LEED certified. It has a green roof, and its exterior is almost completely glass. There trees growing inside and you can easily taste a difference in the air. Unfortunately you aren't allowed to take pictures so the security guard yelled at me but if you're ever in Charlotte you should check out this building- half of it is a hotel and you would probably have better luck with picture taking.

After that I walked to the Mint Museum and Bechtler Museum of Modern Art. The architecture of these both are quite interesting. The Bechtler's exterior is covered in ceramic tiles. Here are some pictures I took along the way:

This is the Bechtler Museum in the background

2 comments:

  1. We will be taking a field trip to Charlotte this spring with the entire first year class. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww no fair! I was going to go to the Bechtler!!! You beat me to it I guess!

    ReplyDelete