Monday, January 30, 2012

As I briefly discussed in studio, during break, many people would ask me about industrial design. Though I would thoroughly explain my major to my friends and their families, it was interesting to see that one of my friends was unknowingly dabbling in ID himself. He started a company called Eden Racing a little over a year ago. As a professional skater, it became his goal to manufacture products for other skaters at reasonable prices. His hand-made boards are a perfect example of the industrial design process. Recently, he enhanced his CNC machine process for one of the Eden boards which can be viewed in the YouTube video below.
Here's a couple finished views of his Maple Sparrow board (Links attached to each image). The entire process from inception to the final product is industrial design. Even though many people are ignorant to ID, it seems to be everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment