Saturday, January 21, 2012

Open to closed dilemma


All of these are examples of open to closed or closed to open obviously. But what's not obvious is how to go about making it abstract, and not just a literal translation with our bristol board models. I had this image of open and closed in my mind that were all so literal. I had to think of what open and closed actually meant to me, but the only way to do that without thinking about the opening and closing of a door was to think of the root definition of each word in its simplest form. Open- allows movement and doesn't allow restriction. Closed- restricted area, or blocking movement. After that, I could get away from the popular open square to closed square, and move towards something more unique. I suggest for your remake, if you're still having problems deciding what you want to do, give what I did a try, and just start sketching!

No comments:

Post a Comment