Monday, December 5, 2011

Jennifer Maestre

In my group's presentation today ( we were pencil and Albers) we had one slide about interesting things you can do with pencils, besides mark making. There was one image that really stood out to me when I was doing research on pencils. This artist, Jennifer Maestre, creates sculptures out of pencils inspired by sea creatures. The forms are really interesting to begin with but then the texture of the sharp pencil quills sticking out makes the piece really sand out. I am inspired by artists who transform mundane things into beautiful forms. If you're interested check out her website, she tells you how she does it:

Jennifer Maestre's website


1 comment:

  1. I made a post about her earlier in the year with some pictures and I was happy to see her show up on you guys' presentation! Now more people will know about her amazing work. :)

    ReplyDelete