Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cool Art

I came across this website called Today in Art and found this article with the 20 Most Popular Posts on Today in Art for 2011. They are all really interesting and worth browsing through. A few stood out to me in particular.

The 30 Examples of Digital Artwork, Painting & Drawing on the iPad reminded me of the Wednesday lecture we had on iPad drawings. The works shown on this post are incredible.

I also liked the post on 20 Ingenious Origami and Folded Paper Creations. They made me consider another form of media that can create structure and form objects.

Two more posts stood out to me as they relate to what we're doing or already did in class. The first is the Texture Rich Digital Paintings as they deal with showing detailed textures on 2D surfaces. The other post is the 8 Drawing Exercises That Every Artist Should Practice. Some of them we did at the beginning of the year (continuous contour line drawings, gesture drawings, and value drawing) but the rest seem like great ways to keep up with sketching and practicing new techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment